Acute-Care, Long-Term Care and Medical Offices
Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities including, Assisted Living Facilities, Ambulatory Care Centers, Medical offices, Pharmaceutical and Biotech Manufacturers face significant air quality and infection control challenges during routine operations, during Construction and Renovation projects, and due to the novel SARS-CoV-2 virus. Recent changes to guidelines for control of micro-biologicals in hospital and pharmacy compounding areas, as well as for control of chemical exposures to hazardous drugs make regulatory compliance and employee safety management challenging.
In managing these challenges, healthcare managers often ask:
- Are airborne bacteria and fungi levels in our newly constructed operating or patient rooms safe?
- Are airflow patterns between our isolation rooms protecting patients and staff from exposure to hazardous drugs, SARS-CoV-2 or other viruses, mold or bacteria?
- Is the water in our hospital or long-term care facility free from bacterial and Legionella growth?
- After water damage, roof leaks, pipe breakage or a flood, has all contaminated building materials been removed and/or cleaned?
- Why are we having difficulty passing USP Certification inspections?
- Are airborne micro-biologicals in our Sterile Processing and storage areas controlled?
- Is our HVAC system reducing airborne particles to safe levels?
SARS-COV-2 Preventative Response Services
Hospitals and Long Term Care facilities are at risk of loss due to COVID-19. In April of 2020, Dr. Lynch authored a manuscript in the Journal of the American Medical Directors Association on ventilation tips for reducing spread in these facilities (see full article here). Having assisted many acute care and long term facilities with COVID transmission risk management, SARS-CoV-2 air and surface sampling, air quality management and infection control, we are qualified and prepared to assist you reduce risks.
If you would like to have your medical office, acute-care, or long term facility assessed call ESMCorp at 856-764-3557 or email Dr. Lynch at email@example.com.
Infection Control & Industrial Hygiene Services
As a Certified Industrial Hygienist and American Hospital Association, credentialed Certified Healthcare Facility Manager, holding additional credentials as a Council-Certified Microbial Consultant, Dr. Lynch has assisted many health care facilities navigate these challenges as they upgrade their facilities.
ESMCorp can provide Healthcare Facility support in the following areas:
- SARS-CoV-2 Air and Surface Sampling
- HVAC Inspections and Microbiological Sampling
- USP 797 Dust, Mold and Bacteria Sampling
- USP 800 Hazardous Drug Risk Assessments and Engineering Controls Problem Solving
- Hospital Acquired Infection Investigations (Decon, Sterile Processing, Operating Rooms, HVAC etc).
- Peracetic Acid, Formaldehyde, Alcohol & Hazardous Drug Sampling
- Legionella Testing and Water Management Plans in Long-Term Care
- Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA & PCRA)
- Mold & Bacteria Testing (Air and Surface)
- Indoor Air Quality Testing for Chemicals, Dust, Volatile Organic Compounds, Formaldehyde and Mercury
- Hazardous Drug Sampling and Laboratory Analysis following Hazardous Drug Spills
- Water Damage Assessments and Clean-up Oversight following Sewage and Flood Damage
To arrange an initial consultation, call ESMCorp at 856-764-3557 or email Dr. Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org.