Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities
Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities including, Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, Ambulatory Care Centers, Medical offices, Pharmaceutical and Biotech Manufacturers face significant air quality and infection control challenges during routine operations and Construction and Renovation projects to prevent hospital acquired infections. Recent changes to guidelines for control of microbiologicals in hospital and pharmacy compounding areas, as well as for control of chemical exposures to hazardous drugs make regulatory compliance and employee safety management challenging.
In managing these challenges, healthcare managers often ask:
- Are airborne bacteria and fungi levels in our newly constructed operating or patient rooms safe?
- Are airflow patterns between our isolation rooms protecting patients and staff from exposure to hazardous drugs or microbiologicals?
- Is the water in our hospital or long-term care facility free from bacterial and Legionella growth?
- After water damage, roof leaks, pipe breakage or a flood, has all contaminated building materials been removed and/or cleaned?
- Why are we having difficulty passing USP Certification inspections?
- Are airborne microbiologicals in our Sterile Processing and storage areas controlled?
- Is our HVAC system reducing airborne particles to safe levels?
As a Certified Industrial Hygienist and American Hospital Association, credentialed Certified Healthcare Facility Manager, holding additional credentials as a Council-Certified Microbial Consultant, Dr. Lynch has assisted many health care facilities navigate these challenges as they upgrade their facilities.
ESMCorp can provide Healthcare Facility support in the following areas:
- USP 797 Dust, Mold and Bacteria Sampling
- USP 800 Hazardous Drug Risk Assessments and Engineering Controls Problem Solving
- Hospital Acquired Infection Investigations (Decon, Sterile Processing, Operating Rooms, HVAC etc).
- Peracetic Acid, Formaldehyde, Alcohol & Hazardous Drug Sampling
- Legionella Testing and Water Management Plans in Long-Term Care
- Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA & PCRA)
- Mold & Bacteria Testing (Air and Surface)
- Indoor Air Quality Testing for Chemicals, Dust, Volatile Organic Compounds, Formaldehyde and Mercury
- Hazardous Drug Sampling and Laboratory Analysis following Hazardous Drug Spills
- Water Damage Assessments and Clean-up Oversight following Sewage and Flood Damage
Recently the NJ Department of Health has reported increased Legionnaires Disease cases in several counties of NJ (see linked notice below).
ESMCorp works with hospitals, Assisted Living Facilities and Nursing Homes to investigate these cases and improve water quality.
To arrange an initial consultation, call ESMCorp at 856-764-3557 or email Dr. Lynch at email@example.com.