As the spread of COVID-19 infections continues to impact the U.S., widespread infections in Skilled Nursing Homes and other Long-Term Care Facilities are being reported. Due to the urgency of this nation-wide problem, on April 10, 2020 The Journal of Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine pre-published an article co-authored by Dr. Lynch describing steps that Long-Term Care Facilities can take to reduce COVID-19 infection risks. The article, entitled “Practical Steps to Improve Air Flow in Long-Term Care Resident Rooms to Reduce COVID-19 Infection Risk” is currently “In Press” and available on the Journal of the American Medical Directors Association (JAMDA) website at this link.
As a practicing Certified Industrial Hygienist and Certified Healthcare Facility Manager, holding additional certifications including Council-Certified Microbial Consultant, Dr. Lynch and the ESMCorp team can assist you in managing COVID-19 and other Facility Safety & Health concerns.
If your facility requires assistance with any COVID-19 related support, training, or retrofits, contact Dr. Lynch today at 856-764-3557 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthcare Facility Safety & Infection Control
Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, Ambulatory Care Centers, Medical offices, Pharmaceutical and Biotech Manufacturers face significant air quality and infection control challenges during routine operations and Construction and Renovation projects to prevent hospital acquired infections.
As a Certified Industrial Hygienist and American Hospital Association, credentialed Certified Healthcare Facility Manager, Dr. Lynch can provide support in the following areas:
- USP 797 Dust, Mold and Bacteria Sampling
- USP 800 Hazardous Drug Risk Assessments and Engineering Controls Problem Solving
- Hospital Acquired Infection Investigations (Decontamination, Operating Rooms, HVAC etc).
- Peracetic Acid, Formaldehyde and Alcohol Sampling
- Legionella Testing and Water Management Plans in Long-Term Care
- Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA & PCRA)
- Mold & Bacteria Testing (Air and Surface)
- Indoor Air Quality Testing for Chemicals, Dust, Volatile Organic Compounds, Formaldehyde and Mercury
- Water Damage Assessments and Clean-up Oversight following Sewage and Flood Damage