Certified Industrial Hygiene
Industrial Hygiene is the science of protecting the health and safety of workers and their workplaces. As a certified industrial hygiene firm, ESMCorp does the following:
- Understands the human body and how hazards impact health
- Recognizes health & safety hazards that may be present in an work and residential environments (such as gases and solvents, noise, ergonomics, biological, and radiation).
- Evaluates safety hazards using scientifically defensible methods and communicate findings accurately
- Develops control and hazard methods
- Follows a strict code of ethics
- Creates regulatory compliance systems for companies to sustain
Dr. Lynch has been certified by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene. He has also received the designation of Fellow of the American Industrial Hygiene Association, a distinction reserved for only the top 1% of Industrial Hygienists in the USA.
With the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, Congress created the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to assure safe and healthy work conditions for employees by setting and enforcing standards and providing training, outreach, education, and assistance. With over 25 years of safety and management experience ESMCorp is highly qualified to help businesses with OSHA compliance.
Risk is defined as a probability or threat of damage, injury, liability, loss, accidents, and other avoidable incidences caused by workplace vulnerabilities, and that may be avoided through preemptive action. Industrial hygienists specialize in identifying internal and external vulnerabilities and create systems and safety programs designed to manage and reduce as much risk as possible.